Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NFL Redzone: Is it Ruining Football Viewing?


"Turn to Redzone." That's what my father says anytime we watch football together. The NFL Redzone is a channel that provides viewers whip-around coverage of all the NFL games in coverage. This network is useful for fantasy junkies who can constantly watch their players who are in games that aren't on cable channels in their local market. This is why my dad loves the channel (and to watch the Patriots). Over the course of it's existence, it has caught on and become very popular with football fans everywhere.

Redzone does not come without it's drawbacks, however. While it is a great way to keep up on the action going on around the league, Redzone will only stay with a game for one or two plays before changing over to another contest. As a serious football fan, I cannot watch like this. I like the continuity of one game. Just as I get into the rhythm of one game, Redzone switches to another. For some reason, it's hard to enjoy football if you are watching three different games in a span of ten seconds. I prefer to watch a game from kick to the final whistle. So while Redzone may be great for state heads and fantasy geeks, I'll stick with CBS and Fox for my NFL coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment